Wheels of Hope is a monthly food ministry that takes healthy meals to neighborhoods in Selma, NC. Our mission is to show God’s love through the act of feeding hungry children and the people they love. Working with Selma Elementary School’s social worker, Wheels of Hope targets impoverished neighborhoods concentrated with high numbers of children. Emphasizing local, in-season fruits and vegetables, we prepare food in Edgerton Memorial UM Church’s kitchen, pack it into the trailer and go to the children’s neighborhoods. In addition to serving a hot nutritious meal, Wheels of Hope gives out children’s books to all who would like one, each and every time we go out.
HOPE was conceived to serve our community neighborhoods and their children where and when needed. To that end, Edgerton seeks to partner with other churches and community groups who would like to use HOPE to feed people free nutritious food and give them children’s books.
We are looking for an Assistant Program Manager to complement our volunteer team. We will compensate with fair wages and provide an incredible opportunity to connect with the community.
Must have good interpersonal skills, be a good communicator, be bilingual (able to read, speak and write in Spanish), have good computer skills, be a self-starter (self-directed, able to work independently), able to coordinate meal planning and delivery, must have a heart for building relationships between communities, and must have own transportation or access to transportation.
- Work a total of 40 hours per month, 10 of which will be spent on two separate Hope outings into the community per month. This position is currently funded through the end of the year.
- Engage and build relationships with the communities being served.
- Help identify targeted communities’ needs.
- Assist in social media outreach and promotion.
- Identify and engage churches open to outreach and engagement.
- Assist in preparing promotional materials (e.g., PowerPoints, brochures, mailings).
- Maintain inventory of Wheel of Hope’s supplies.
To Apply: Please email your resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org