FOOD DISTRIBUTION SITES OPEN MARCH 17
March 16, 2020
With the announcement of school closures through at least March 27, we want to inform you of food access options throughout Wake County during these unprecedented times.
A number of schools and community centers will serve as food distribution sites for Wake County families beginning Tuesday, March 17.
- Families may pick up food at the locations and times indicated below.
- Food will be distributed by volunteers at curbside to minimize safety concerns.
- The food will be placed in safe and sanitized food containers.
Food offerings will include the following at the indicated sites for all children aged 18 and under. Mobile Markets is available to all.
- School Sites: Lunches for the day and breakfast for the next day
- Community Centers: at least one meal will be provided
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle: Mobile Markets will be set up curbside with staples and baked goods from which families can select.
Locations and Times:
Currently, the following sites with food provided by WCPSS for pick up by families with children aged 18 and under – Monday through Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., starting March 17:
- Poe Magnet Elementary School, 400 Peyton St., Raleigh
- Rogers Lane Elementary School, 201 N. Rogers Lane, Raleigh
- Creech Road Elementary School, 450 Creech Road, Garner
- Wendell Middle School, 3409 NC Hwy. 97, Wendell
- Zebulon Magnet Elementary School, 700 Proctor St., Zebulon
- Millbrook Magnet Elementary School, 1520 E. Millbrook Dr., Raleigh
- Briarcliff Elementary School, 1220 Pond St., Cary
- Pine Acres Community Center, 402 McLean St., Fuquay-Varina
- PAVE SE Raleigh Charter School, 3420 Idlewood Village Dr., Raleigh
- Wake County Human Services Northern Regional Center, 350 Holding Ave., Wake Forest
- Washington Terrace Apartments, 1951 Booker Dr., Raleigh
- Raleigh Millbank Apartments, 1500 N. Raleigh Blvd., Raleigh
- The Oaks Apartments, 3911 Water Oak Dr., Raleigh
- New Hope Village Apartments, 4321 Grandiflora Lane, Raleigh
- Casa De Luna Apartments, 3918 Bonneville Court, Raleigh
- Juniper Level Baptist Church, 9104 Sauls Road, Raleigh
Confirmed Community Sites with Food Provided by Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church for pickup for families with children ages 18 and under:
- First United Methodist, 117 S. Academy St., Cary, Mon.-Fri., 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Chatham Forest Apartments, 880 Glendale Dr., Cary, Tues. and Thurs., 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p .m.
- Apex First Baptist, 419 S. Salem St., Apex, Mon. and Wed., 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Arbors at Cary Apartments, 200 Wrenn Dr., Cary, Mon.- Thurs., 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Crosstimber Apartments, 900 Goldenshoe Cir., Morrisville, Mon.-Fri., noon to 1 p.m.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Mobile Market Locations and Times:
- Abundant Life Cathedral, 4400 Old Poole Road, Raleigh, Fourth Saturdays (beginning 3/28/20)., 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Bread for Life Mobile Market at Zebulon Boys & Girls Club, 1320 Shepard School Road, Zebulon, Third Saturdays (beginning 3/21/20) 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Community Helpers Service Center, 111 N. First Ave., Knightdale, Drive-thru, Thursdays (beginning 3/19/20), 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Martin Street Baptist Church, 1001 E. Martin St., Raleigh, Second Saturdays (beginning 4/11/20), 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Praise Temple Mobile Market, 1329, U.S. Hwy 70, Fourth Saturdays (beginning 3/28/20), 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wake Forest Baptist Church, 107 S. Ave., Wake Forest, Third Tuesdays (beginning 3/17/20), 4:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
How You Can Help
We are grateful for the outreach from many of our parents and community members asking how they can help. We ask that you take any food donations to the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle or Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC.
If you would like to volunteer to support our work with food access and food security, please complete this form and we will contact you soon.
For more information, you are encouraged to follow this link: WCPSS Website