The applicant should be ordained or a candidate for ordination. A strong background in counseling and grief work is highly valued. A love for the older adult population is a must.
- Associate Chaplain works alongside Chaplain to provide spiritual and psychological support to a diverse population (600 residents) of Springmoor Retirement Community.
- Ability to provide compassionate care to those with and without religious/spiritual beliefs is requisite.
- Provides support to individual residents through direct one-on-one counseling interventions and/or through groups on topics such as aging, health, end-of-life, bereavement and spiritual growth issues.
- Does ‘end of life’ work with patients.
- Responds to death calls; provides support to families.
- Conducts memorial services with Chaplain.
- Preaches at Vespers every 4-5 weeks.
- Shares Vespers planning and leadership with Chaplain.
- Makes in-home visits to residents on campus.
- Makes visits in Stewart Health Center (nursing care) and in hospitals.
- Shares 24 hr. on-call duties with Chaplain (rotation).
- Works as part of a large team of professionals providing life-care to residents.
Applicants may email messages and resumes to Chaplain Phyllis Mayo at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (No calls, please.)
An online application is also necessary at the Springmoor website.