The Capital District Spiritual Formation Team consists of clergy and laity, and we welcome your input and participation. If you have suggestions for us, please let us know!
- Janet Baucom is a M. Div. graduate who is a lay person at Highland UMC in Raleigh where she she serves as a teacher and facilitator, while juggling her active stay-at-home mom duties.
- Lib Campbell is a retired elder and was named Pastor Emeritus of Spiritual Formation at St. Mark’s UMC in Raleigh. Lib is on the Spiritual Life Team at our conference, is a graduate of the 2-Year Academy for Spiritual Formation and is on the leadership team for the NC 5-Day Academy and Winter Soulstice retreats each year.
- Bob Clark serves as Pastor of Mt. Carmel UMC in Pikeville. He has attended multiple spiritual formation training events and has witnessed spiritual growth in himself and others.
- Michele Clark serves as Pastor of Salem UMC in Goldsboro. She has attended several spiritual formation training events as well as studied practices in her undergrad work at the University of Mt. Olive.
- Claire Clyburn is an Elder who serves as the pastor of Westover UMC in Raleigh. She is also a Sabbath Chaplain with Blessed Earth to encourage Sabbath keeping among church leaders in the Capital District.
- Claire Cox-Woodlief is a lay person who serves as the Assistant to the District Superintendent in the Capital District. She is on the leadership team for the NC 5-Day Academy and Winter Soulstice retreats each year.
- George VanArnam is a retired United Methodist minister who recently moved from upstate NY to Cary. He and his wife attend First UMC in Cary. His ministry involved pastoral counseling and he directed a Samaritan Counseling Center in upstate NY.
- Heather Wong is the Pastor of Senior Adult Ministries at First UMC, Cary. She has attended the 5 Day Academy for Spiritual Formation and enjoys learning new ways to connect with God.
To reach us, please contact Claire Cox-Woodlief at the Capital District Office: email@example.com.