at White Plains UMC, Cary, NC
and Jarvis Memorial UMC, Greenville NC
SALT is an annual Youth Ministry leadership training event for youth and the adults who work with them. Hosted by Well-Seasoned Youth Ministry and the Raleigh Area YOWO (Youthworkers) group – bring your youth officers and adult volunteers for an afternoon of inspiration and equipping. This year we will be hosting two simultaneous events so pick the location closes to you:
White Plains UMC – 313 SE Maynard Rd. Cary NC
Jarvis Memorial UMC – 510 S. Washington St. Greenville NC
Cost is $10 per person.
Payment is due at check-in & checks may be written to WPUMC or JMUMC depending on location.
The event is Sunday, August 14 from 4-7 PM.
You are invited to go to dinner with your team before or after the event. Some light snacks will be served during the sessions
All Sessions will be given three times so you can attend any three of the following sessions – send a large group to catch them all and discuss what you learn over dinner! Anyone is welcome at any of the sessions.
White Plains (Cary) Sessions Include:
- Conference Youth Events – what, when, and why
- Games with a Purpose – ideas!
- Communications/Social Media – tools and best practices
- Counseling Basics – when to help, when to ask for help,
- From Chaperone to Shepherd – defining the role of the adult volunteer
- Using crafts and projects in small groups and classes
- Safe Sanctuary – what are the basics?
Jarvis Memorial (Greenville) Sessions include:
- Transition to College for Students and Leaders
- A Lead Pastor’s Thoughts on Youth Ministry
- Youth Culture and Trends
- Growing Your Ministry in Your Church’s Neighborhood
- Best Online Practices for Youth Ministry
- plus a couple more in development